Tuesday, January 1, 2013

JOURNEY TO JORDAN, ISRAEL, PALESTINE - MEET KHALED KANAAN


This week I boarded a plane headed to one of the world's most sacred, beautiful, and complex regions.  Having traveled to Amman Jordan, visiting sites, meeting people, and being welcomed by His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan bin Talal, I am now on the ground in Jerusalem with a group of deans, trustees, scholars, writers, activists, and artists (mostly) from Emory University determined to truly immerse ourselves and be transformed by our experience.

"These immersion experiences, part of a program called Journeys of Reconciliation, examine root causes of conflict and struggle in various parts of the world. By visiting these communities and supporting their work of reconciliation, we open ourselves to possibilities, understanding, affirmation, hope and healing.  The program invites groups to encounter the world's complexities, to hear stories of pain, liberation, hope and healing and to seek wisdom outside university walls. "


On Facebook, I have already made several posts highlighting some of the "places" that we have Journeyed.  There are so many more images that I'd like to share and will hopefully be able to post many more here on my travel blog.   I'd like to transition and begin to share some of the "faces" of the people I have encountered.

In a series of upcoming posts, I'd like for you to meet some of the people I've met along the way...people who have for extended periods of time and sometimes for only brief moments helped me discover more about myself.

As you look at them, what do you see?  What do their eyes say to you about them?  What do they say to you about you?

Meet Khaled Kanaan - The photographer (Amman, Jordan)


Photo by Carlton Mackey


No comments:

Post a Comment